Then, how to do making an art stencil at your own home?
See these guide to make them funny...Step by step how to make stencils from your photographs:
- Copy your picture. You'll be making cuts in it, and you won't want to ruin your great picture.
- Now tape the copy of the picture to the foam board. If you don't tape it, your stencil won't turn out as great as your picture is.
- Trace, on your copy, where you plan to cut. If you are cutting out a stencil of your cat, trace around the cat. If you are cutting out a stencil of a Ferris wheel, trace around the wheel and in the spaces between the supports.
- Grab your Exact-O knife. This is the tricky part. I suggest cutting slow and steady, and pushing down hard, so that you cut all the way through.
- Cut exactly on your previously drawn lines. When you're done, lift away the picture and the foam board scraps. You should now see a beautiful cat, Ferris wheel, or whatever else you made a stencil of.
Once you have your stencils, you can do anything with them: use them for school projects, decorate a candle, party favors, give them to a kids center, etc.
Be careful with the knife. I think you like your fingers, and a bad cut can ruin your stencil.
You will need:
- Foam board - the type that if you stick your finger into it, it crinkles and makes a slight indentation.
- Exact-O knife
- Great picture (photographs) - one that can be cut out to be recognizable as what it is. For example, a stencil of a computer screen might be difficult to recognize.